Men's Soccer - Sat, Sep. 19, 2015 - posted by
News Photo
Marygrove College
Marygrove College (3-4)314
Taylor University (2-5-1)101
Upland, IN
Scoring Summary
1 08:10Jeremiah Rader (Taylor University)
1 18:32Ali El Habhab (Marygrove College)
1 25:24Gaoussou Cisse (Marygrove College)
1 35:29Louismaria Umejeigo (Marygrove College)
2 80:22Abdoulie Jallow (Marygrove College)
Marygrove CollegeIndv. LeadersTaylor University
4 Players - 1Goals#7 Jeremiah Rader - 1
#21 Mohammed Alkhulaidi - 1Assists #17 Gabe Saliba - 1
#2 Ali El Habhab - 2Shots 4 Players - 1
#32 Austin Valentine - 1Saves #0 Nathan Henderson - 3
Marygrove CollegeTeam StatisticsTaylor University
11 (10)Shots (on goal) 4 (2)
1Saves 6
12Fouls 19
5Corner Kicks 2
2Offsides 0

Box Score | Photo Gallery
UPLAND, Ind. - The Taylor men's soccer team scored just eight-minutes into Saturday's contest with Marygrove, but gave up four unanswered goals to fall 4-1 to the Mustangs. The loss moved the Trojans to 2-5-1 on the year.


Despite being held to just one shot in the first half, Taylor's offense clicked early in the game as the Trojans were the first to score. Sophomore Gabe Saliba played a cross pass perfectly to freshman Jeremiah Rader in the box, who scored his fourth goal of the season, placing the ball in the lower left part of the net just eight minutes into the game.


10-minutes following Rader's goal, Marygrove managed to tie the game up at 1-1 after an inadvertent Taylor handball in the box, which led to a Mustangs conversion on the penalty kick.


The game-winning goal came seven minutes later in the 25th-minute after Marygrove's Gaoussou Cisse flipped the ball over a Taylor defender and fired it into the right upper-ninety before letting it hit the ground, giving the Mustangs a 2-1 lead.


Marygrove would find the back of the net one more time before the intermission to push their halftime lead to 3-1.


Out of the half, both teams remained fairly even on both sides of the ball. After being held to just one shot and no corner kicks in the first half, TU managed three shots and was awarded two corner kicks in the second half, but were unable to capitalize on the opportunities.


As it appeared the final score would stand at 3-1, Marygrove scored one last time in the 80th-minute to post the final score of 4-1.


Of the four Taylor shots in the game, TU managed just two shots on goal in the contest. Freshman Drew Sezonov started in goal for the Trojans and played the first half, finishing with two saves while sophomore Nathan Henderson got the nod in the second half, ending the match with three saves.


Taylor will have a week off before starting Crossroads League action next Saturday when the team travels to Mishawaka, Indiana to take on Bethel.

Record: 5-5-3 Home: 4-1 Away: 1-4-2 Neutral: 0-0-1 Crossroads: 1-4-1